Le Creuset

 Le Creuset



Cooking at the OKC store is always fun

 

I've been working with the Le Creuset company for several years, doing in store cooking demos, creating recipes and blog posts and cooking at events. If you're not already a fan of their cookware, you will at least recognize the brightly colored enameled cast iron pots that are coveted by cooks everywhere. 



 

Fall colors in my kitchen
 

 

 Le Creuset is a French company that began producing cookware in 1925 and was introduced to America by Julia Child. The cookware has gained popularity over the years and has become an icon of cooking and design. An extraordinary lifetime guarantee makes Le Creuset pieces a family heirloom that is bequeathed to future generations.

 

 

I'll be cooking this weekend (Saturday, April 23, 2022) at the Le Creuset Factory to Table Event, a sale of epic proportions of the premium cookware at fantastic prices, limited edition colors, and rare pieces from around the world. It's a big deal and it's at Dallas Market Hall!


Factory To Table 2022 Information

 

Bedazzled and Bath tub sized! Everything is exciting at FTT sales



Some colorful bowls from the 2020 Factory to Table event. I love the vibrant colors of Le Creuset.










Cheesy and easy. One pot and you're done.

I love creating recipes that are delicious, easy to make and only use one pot, like my 'One Pot Stovetop Lasagna' here. 

Quick Weeknight Meals



The lamb chops here were made in a Le Creuset cast iron oval baker, one of my FAVORITE pieces. They were delicious and super easy.


Le Creuset Oval Baker

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is me and some of my cookware. I cook a lot and I am always looking for new recipes to try and new foods to taste. I love to travel and check out regional dishes to incorporate into my repertoire. 
 
I recently visited Santa Fe and brought back recipes for biscochitos and Chiles en Nogada.



   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In addition to cooking, I like to be creative in any way I can. I made this little gingerbread Le Creuset store last year for an in store demo. Look closely - it even has interior lighting and tiny candy Le Creuset Dutch Ovens in the window. 

 

During the pandemic I wrote a cookbook which is available on Amazon for $9.99. 

Ixchel's Kitchen 2

 You don't need to own a Kindle to download it. It works best on an Ipad. Just download the free Kindle app for your Ipad, phone or computer and download to that. 

This is a collection of over 100 dishes and cocktail recipes from the island of Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Lobster Eggs Benedict, Hibiscus Margaritas, Pepita Crusted Salmon, Stuffed Poblano Peppers, Carnitas, Chicken Tinga, Enchiladas Verde, Mayan Salsa, Mermaid Mimosas and more.  

A few pics from my cookbook: 

Cool cocktails for summer, beautifully served on a Le Creuset tray


 
Carlotta de Limon in Le Creuset mini cocottes

Huevos Divorciados


 

 

 

 

Roasted Poblanos

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Things I love to cook:

Who doesn't love tacos?!   


Rosemary balsamic beef tips with carrots and brussel sprouts


    For slow roasted meats that turn out tender and flavorful, I use a Le Creuset Dutch Oven or a Le Creuset Oval Baker .

For stovetop grilling of flank steak or shrimp, I use a Le Creuset Grill


 

 

 

 

A large Le Creuset Oval Dutch Oven is perfect for roasting chickens, briskets and for making large batches of chili or soup for a family gathering. 

 

 

 

 

I love that beautiful sunny color.

 Ready to go in the oven, a spatchcocked whole chicken is covered in herbs, veggies and lemon slices. 

 

 

 

 

 

It just wouldn't be Christmas at my house without a giant 'Roast Beast' prime rib. This one was huge, but still fit into my Le Creuset Cast Iron Signature Roaster.

This jam tastes like Christmas!


 Christmas jam is perfect for gifts and easy  to make. Foodie Gifts Since it's a freezer jam, there is no need for fancy canning skills or equipment.

 

 

 

 

 


 A simmering pot full of water, fruits and herbs makes your whole house smell good naturally. Scents can be varied by season. Just simmer on low and add more water as needed in a Le Creuset Saucepan.

 

  Creamy Chicken and Rice that I make in my 5.5 quart Le Creuset Dutch Oven.  If you are going to buy one Dutch Oven, this size is it. It's big enough for soups, casseroles, chili, roasting a chicken and baking bread. This is the classic color Flame.
 
Another kitchen hero that you should know about is the Le Creuset Non Stick Braiser. This is one of my most used pieces. I use it to brown ground beef, to saute veggies, for scrambled and fried eggs, fried rice, and I've made crepes and pancakes in it. It has a clear glass lid and the entire thing can go in the oven. Seriously! Even the lid! This is the first piece that I purchased for my grown up kids and what I buy for wedding gifts. It's just so versatile. 
 
I hope to see you at the Factory to Table event. I'll be making some French favorites- Coq au Vin with brown butter mashed potatoes, Croque Monsieur Quesadillas (TexMex/French fusion) and Cinnamon Brandy Apple Crepes.  
 
What is your favorite Le Creuset piece? What is the one you've been pining for? 
Cinnamon Brandy Apple Crepes

 

 
One Pot Coq au Vin


Croque Monsieur Quesadillas      











Comments

Popular Posts