Rainbow Thai Noodle Veggie Salad

 Rainbow Thai Noodle Veggie Salad


 

This is one of my favorite salads because it's delicious, it makes a lot and I can eat it all week for lunch. I'm a huge fan of having something healthy and delicious that you can just pull out of the frig and eat immediately. 

Also, options! (My motto is 'Don't tell me what to do'.) If you're not crazy about one or more of the ingredients, leave it out. Add more of what you love. You do you. 

 


Salad:

*8 ounces noodles - I used whole wheat
*Package of red cabbage, sliced or about 3 cups - or any color  
*Large carrot, shredded (or packaged shredded carrots)
*1 bunch of Cilantro leaves, chopped
*5 Green Onions, sliced
*6 Radishes (or more), sliced thin
*1 Red Pepper, sliced into thin strips about 1" long
*Half of a Cucumber- peeled and diced
*3 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds ( I subbed some 'Everything Bagel' seasoning as a topping once and it was great. I just sprinkled it on each serving)

 

Chop, chop!


Dressing:
*4 Tablespoons Peanut Butter (I use chunky because it adds some texture)
*2 Tablespoons Honey
*4 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
*4 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
*8 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
*2 teaspoons ground Ginger or to taste or 1 teaspoon fresh grated Ginger
*3 cloves of Garlic, minced
*Zest and juice of one Lime
*1 Tablespoon Sriracha sauce or to taste

Boil the noodles to al dente, drain, rinse in cold water and drain well. Combine noodles with all veggies and sesame seeds in a very large bowl. I use a giant Tupperware bowl because I can put the lid on it and shake it to mix. 

In a smaller bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and pour over noodles and veggies and mix well. 
 
A delicious way to add a rainbow of veggies to your meal plan

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts